Monday, November 28, 2011

Dhs162,000 to redecorate her BMW X6!

The UAE’s most patriotic woman?

Emirati businesswoman redecorates her car in honour of the UAE’s 40th anniversary

Dhs162,000 and thousands of Swarovski crystals for UAE celebration

An Emirati businesswoman has spent Dhs162,000 to redesign her ride and customise her clothes - all in honour of the UAE’s 40th anniversary.

Umm Nahyan showed off her blinging BMW X6 to 7DAYS. It has 150,000 individual Swarovski crystals adorning it and requires special permission from the RTA to be let loose on the UAE’s highways.



“I wanted to be unique on this unique day so I decided to use crystals to show my love and support for my country,” she said. Nahyan got her car kitted out at a workshop in Al Qusais where the design was first drawn up on a computer.



“A team of professionals put the crystals on my car. It took them nearly two months to finish. As the crystal is very shiny I needed to get special permission from the RTA because it reflects the radars at night,” she said. And to show that she is just as patriotic as her wheels, Nahyan also designed an Abaya inspired by the union logo of the seven founding fathers, which she splashed out Dhs12,000 to have created.



“This is a special celebration for me, but whatever I do for my country is nothing compared to what my country has given me as an Emirati woman,” she added. Nahyan has been decorating her car for National Day for the past seven years and has also joined in vehicle parades for the UAE national football team and her favourite club in the UAE, Al Wasl.



But this is the first time she has used jewels. “I used to decorate my car with flags and flowers. I even won a prize for the best design in previous parades,” she said.

Videos | 7DAYS

No comments: