Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CID chief reveals why Anwar was arrested

From Malaysiakini
(This guy could be aiming to be the new IGP to follow his boss' steps, started by carrying stained mattress to the court)

The police were worried that PKR de facto leader Anwar Ibrahim would not show up at the Kuala Lumpur police headquarters by 2pm and therefore decided to arrest him.

Star Online quoted Federal CID director Bakri Zinin as saying that Anwar was supposed to have gone directly to the police headquarters immediately after giving his statement to the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA) in Putrajaya.
"However, we were informed that after he left the ACA headquarters in Putrajaya, he had changed his route and was heading back to his house in (Bukit) Segambut.
"He was arrested as we had reason to believe he was not going to show up. We wish to point out that Anwar had initially agreed to meet us on Monday but failed to keep his appointment."
Given an ultimatum yesterday
The politician had refused to go on Monday claiming that the police acted unprofessionally by 'intimidating and harassing' his staff and family while attempting to serve an order under Section 111 of the Criminal Procedure Code on Sunday.
Yesterday, the police gave Anwar an ultimatum to be present at the police headquarters at 2pm or face the possibility of arrest. The PKR leader agreed to show up.
However, Anwar was arrested at about 12.55pm when he was on his way back to his house from Putrajaya. He is now being held at the police headquarters.
On June 28, Anwar’s 23-year-old former aide Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan filed a police report accusing the politician of sodomising him.
The politician went to the ACA headquarters this morning for an interview concerning his police report alleging fabrication of evidence regarding his 'black eye' incident in 1999.
In the July 1 police report, Anwar accused police chief Musa Hassan and attorney-general Abdul Gani Patail of fabricating evidence in his trials 10 years ago.

No comments: